Encourage your students to adopt a growth mindset with this engaging classroom poster.
What’s Your Mindset Level? Growth vs Fixed Mindset
Life. It’s the ultimate game. So why not reach for the ultimate level of success?
When it comes to learning, attitude is everything. Students who have a growth mindset believe in their ability to overcome challenges through hard work, perseverance, and seeking the right kind of help from the right people at the right time. Chances are that these students are more likely to achieve greater things than those with a fixed mindset.
Levels on the poster include:
- Nope! I definitely won’t do it!
- I just can’t do it.
- I want to do it.
- How do I do it?
- I’ll give it a try.
- I can do it!
- I will do it!
- Hooray! I did it!
How to Make the Most of Your Growth Mindset Poster
- Print the color version of the poster on tabloid paper and display it in your classroom for students to reference when doing independent work. Stop your students from time to time and have them reflect upon their mindset level, using the poster as a reference.
- Print the poster on letter paper and distribute to students. Have them paste the poster inside their workbooks or keep it inside their homework folder.
- Print multiple copies to a page. Cut and laminate the smaller versions of the resource and attach them to the students’ desks as a reminder to adopt a growth mindset.
- Incorporate the poster into your lesson wrap-up by having the students write their name on a sticky note and place it underneath the mindset level they reached during the lesson.
Before You Download
This resource prints as a PDF. Please use the dropdown menu to choose between the full color or black and white version.
Looking for more resources to encourage your students to adopt a growth mindset? We have you covered!
Use this word search activity to show students the qualities and characteristics of creating a growth mindset in the classroom.
Remind your students to have a growth mindset with this bulletin board display.