Teach students about the six syllable types with this comprehensive interactive instructional slide deck.
Teaching the Six Syllable Types Has Never Been So Easy!
Are you about to embark on a journey into the wonderful world of syllable types with your students? Then do we have the resource for you!
This comprehensive instructional slide deck has been designed to teach your students about the six syllable types and how these can be helpful when breaking words into their syllables. It contains:
- Teaching slides for each of the six syllable types
- A ‘click and check’ interactive review activity for each syllable type
- A ‘drag and drop’ interactive review activity for each syllable type
Tips for Extension and Scaffolding
If you have a mixture of above- and below-level learners, we have a few suggestions for keeping students on track with these concepts:
🆘 Support Struggling Students
- Provide students with a whisper phone to help them hear the sounds in each syllable/word as they complete the activity.
➕ Challenge Fast Finishers
- Have students create word banks of words for each syllable type. Display these in the classroom as a reminder of the phonemic characteristics of each syllable type.
🧑 Group Learning
- Project the slides onto a screen and work through them as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks or mini whiteboards.
Download and Get Teaching!
Use the Download button to access the Google Slides version of this resource.
Follow the instructions in the presentation in regards to switching between Presentation mode and Edit mode to enable the interactive features.
This resource was created by Lisamarie Del Valle, a teacher in Florida and a Teach Starter collaborator.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.