Review French and Indian War vocabulary with a crossword puzzle.
Build Academic Vocabulary with Crossword Puzzles
Introduce and review the facts and events of the French and Indian War with this engaging crossword puzzle worksheet. Students are challenged to complete the crossword puzzle by completing the answer clues at the bottom. This is a great activity for early finishers!
The 12 hidden vocabulary words are: expand, Native Americans, allies, taxes, colonies, Canada, Paris, Indian, battle, River, France, and expensive
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding.
In addition to independent student work time, use this worksheet as an activity for:
To challenge your accelerated students,
- Provide your students with a completed crossword puzzle, but remove the clues. Challenge them to write new clues for the puzzle.
- Provide your students with trade books and other informational reading materials to use in the classroom.
To help your struggling readers,
- Complete the activity in a small group or 1:1 learning session.
- Provide your students with a partner to work with during the activity.
- Provide students with an anchor chart, poster, or other French and Indian War resources to reference during the activity.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Additionally, project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
Grab more resources to fill your French and Indian War Lesson Plans!
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
Reveal another chapter in American History with a reading passage and graphic organizer worksheet on the French and Indian War.
Enhance your students' close reading strategies, vocabulary, and writing skills with a Boston Tea Party reading passage and accompanying activities.
Build vocabulary and understanding of the French and Indian War with a cloze reading passage worksheet.