Number line from -20 to 120 with lily pads and frogs
Hop into Your Frog-Themed Classroom with A New Number Line
High school teachers will never understand, and sometimes you get the side-eye when folks come into your classroom. Why? Is it because you have a themed classroom? Most teachers will agree that having a themed classroom is like having a work of art that you walk into every morning. Why do teachers love themed classrooms so much? Here’s what our teacher team thinks about theming your classrooms.
- Themed classrooms help create a fun and exciting atmosphere for their students.
- A fun theme can make the classroom feel like a special place and help students feel more engaged and interested in their learning.
- A fun classroom theme gives teachers flexibility (which doesn’t happen often) to use their creativity and bring a personal touch to the space they spend so much time in.
- Why not theme your classroom…. it is yours, after all!
Printable Number Lines for Frog Themed Bulletin Boards and Classrooms
Download and print this fun number line to use as a mathematics bulletin board, interactive component on your calendar wall, or a stationary display in your classroom for student reference. This fun number line features numbered lily pads, hopping frogs, and numbers from -20 all the way up to 120. If you don’t need the negative numbers, don’t print them! If you only want to go to 100, just print those! You can make your numberline fit your space!
Ways to Use a Number Line in Elementary Grades
- Counting and number recognition: Students can practice counting along the number line while helping their frogs “hop” through the numbers in sequence.
- Addition and subtraction: Students can use the number line to help visualize and solve simple addition and subtraction problems. Grab a frog or two, and get those guys hopping down the number line to show operations
- Skip counting: Place individual frog elements along the number line so students can practice skip counting by 2s, 5s, or 10s
Download-Print-and Hang Your New Printable Classroom Number Line
This resource prints as an easy-to-use PDF file. Print them out, laminate if you like, and hang them up! That’s it! No driving to the supply store, no worrying about waiting for an online order to ship. You get your number line now, and it’s ready to use in just a few minutes!
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.