A set of silhouette templates for students to use when creating a Mother's Day craft.
Students use these templates when creating art to give to their mom on Mother’s Day.
How to use this resource:
- Print out the silhouette of your choice.
- On a piece of cardstock or heavy paper, create a full-page background for your silhouette using oil pastels, paint, or collage materials. The background can include anything that you choose, e.g. a sunset, a geometric pattern, a mosaic using magazine ads.
- Cut out your chosen silhouette template.
- Paste the silhouette over the top of the background that you created.
- Trim the edges of the cardstock or heavy paper to match the edges of the silhouette template.
The silhouettes included in this resource are:
- daisy – in order to position the petals correctly on this silhouette, you might like to print a second copy of the flower and cut out the white circle that forms the negative space. Hold the circle in place on your background while gluing the petals in place. Then, remove the circle and throw it away.
- 6-petal flower shape
- a square border with different simple decorations, including the word ‘mom’, for students to create their own silhouette.