Create a Memorial Day poppy with reflective sentence starters.
Reflect with a Memorial Day Poppy Template
This printable poppy template is the perfect activity to complete this Memorial Day. Students are encouraged to complete the following Memorial Day sentence starters:
- Memorial Day is…
- I see…
- I think…
- I wonder…
- The poppy is a symbol of…
How to use this template:
- Color the first poppy template with the appropriate color – red.
- Cut out the template along the dotted lines so that each petal is able to be lifted.
- Glue the cut out poppy template to the middle of the second template.
- Complete the sentences on the lined petals of the second template.
Display these gorgeous templates in your classroom, or in your school office area. You may like to create a bulletin board banner for your poppy reflective writing pieces too.
✂️ Give Them the (Safety) Scissors
This template makes for a bonus cutting skills activity, depending on your students’ ages and abilities.
With adult supervision, cutting skills help students work multiple muscle groups and their brains, plus:
- strengthen finger and hand muscles
- build dexterity and fine motor skills
- improve hand-eye coordination
- develop focus and attention.
And all of these skills are necessary to use a pencil and a fork; button a shirt and tie shoes; write, type and swipe.
Scissor skills are brain and muscle skills!
Download & Print
This resource is over two pages, so each student will need to receive both pages to complete the poppy template.
[resource:4840771] [resource:4837718] [resource:4836502]