Identify characters, setting, and parts of a story with kindergarten reading worksheets featuring the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme.
Kindergarten Reading Instruction Made Easy!
Hello Kindergarten teachers! Are you looking for effective and engaging resources to teach your students about characters, setting, and parts of a story? Look no further!
We’re excited to introduce our Nursery Rhyme Resource packs for Kindergarteners. These worksheets are specifically designed to help young students understand and identify key elements of a story, such as characters, setting, and plot. And the best part is that it’s all about Humpty Dumpty!
Skills/Types of Worksheets included in this set are
- Humpty Dumpty Rhyme – Read and Draw the Story
- Describing Humpty Dumpty – Draw and Write to Describe
- What is a Character? Coloring Worksheet
- What is a Setting? Coloring worksheet
- Describing the Setting – Draw and Write Worksheet
- Story Sequencing – Cut, Paste, and Write Worksheet
- Cloze Worksheet
- Draw and Write – Beginning, Middle, and End Worksheet
- Who, What, Where, and When? Comprehension Worksheet
- Humpty Dumpty Sentence Building Worksheet
- And more!
Kindergarten Reading Worksheets and More!
Our worksheets include interactive exercises and fun activities that make learning about comprehension fun and easy for your students. They feature fun illustrations and simple, easy-to-understand language that is perfect for young learners. The worksheets are also aligned with the latest educational standards. They are designed to help students develop the important reading comprehension skills they will need for success in school and beyond.
We know kindergarten teachers struggle to find the right resources to teach comprehension. That’s why we’re excited to provide you with no-prep lessons to help make your job a little bit easier. Make sure you grab our other resources that also pair up with this resource!
- Humpty Dumpty Teaching Slides
- Humpty Dumpty Story Retell Cards
This resource was created by Samantha Rose, a teacher in Florida and Teach Starter collaborator.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.