Learn about the life and contributions of Marie Curie with a comprehensive pack of inspirational women worksheets.
Who Was Marie Curie? Research and Study a World-Changing Female Scientist
Marie Curie was a remarkable scientist who made groundbreaking contributions to the field of radioactivity, which paved the way for modern physics and medical advancements. She was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize and the only person to win it twice in two different fields of study (physics and chemistry). Her life and work serve as an inspiration to women around the globe for several reasons:
- In an era when women were not allowed to attend universities, Curie defied societal expectations and pursued higher education, eventually earning a PhD in physics. She was the first woman to be appointed as a professor at the University of Paris.
- Curie’s pioneering work in radioactivity led to groundbreaking discoveries, including discovering two new elements, polonium and radium. Her contributions to the field of radioactivity not only advanced scientific understanding, but also paved the way for the development of nuclear power and medical treatments for cancer.
- Curie faced many challenges in her personal and professional life, including discrimination due to her gender and the tragic loss of her husband to radiation poisoning. Despite these setbacks, she remained committed to her work and continued to make significant contributions to science.
- Curie recognized the importance of science education and worked to establish the Curie Institutes, which are dedicated to cancer research and treatment. She also founded the Radium Institute in Paris, which provided free treatment for cancer patients.
Help your students learn about this amazing woman with a printable pack of research-based activities designed with the elementary student in mind. Your download includes
- 1 x Marie Curie Reading Passage
- 1 x Marie Curie Comprehension Worksheet
- 1 x Marie Curie Report Template
- 1 x Marie Curie KWL Chart
- 1 x Marie Curie Sequencing Worksheet
- 1 x Marie Curie Matching Worksheet
- 1 x Marie Curie Acrostic Poem Template
- 1 x Marie Curie Word Search
A Download Packed with Marie Curie Facts!
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Because this resource includes an answer sheet, we recommend you print one copy of the entire file. Then, make photocopies of the blank worksheet for students to complete.
Additionally, project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and Teach Starter Collaborator.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.