Encourage design thinking with our hands-on STEM activities for Easter.
Easter STEM Activities – Fun for Every-bunny! 🐰
These fun Easter-themed STEM activities will get your students using their design thinking skills to solve problems and come up with creative solutions.
There are 3 engaging STEM challenges to choose from:
🐰an Easter bunny trap
🥚 an Easter egg carrying basket
🥕 a carrot catapult
Provide students with sustainable or recyclable materials, like cardboard rolls, tissue boxes, shoeboxes, mounting putty, colored paper, craft sticks, string, etc. These activities are perfect for individual or group work depending on the time you have available.
In addition to STEM training, through this activity, students will:
✨ exercise critical thinking skills
✨ explore creativity
✨ strengthen verbal and motor skills
✨ consider cause and effect, and
✨ have fun!
How to Have a Hopping Good Time with Easter STEM Design
Brainstorm materials that can be used, cut out the cards and let your students’ design minds go wild!
- Gather appropriate materials or encourage students to bring them from home.
- Have a brainstorming session where students research different versions of the product they are building (a trap, egg-protecting basket, catapult).
- Provide students with the opportunity to ideate their designs.
- Let students bring their creations to life in a construction session.
- Have a testing day where the finished product is tested against constraints.
- Provide an opportunity for reflection.
Looking for more? Check out the resources below:
Practice identifying shapes and colors with this one-page worksheet.
Boost reading and spelling skills with an Easter word search.
A fun, logic-based Easter-themed activity where students read clues to solve the mystery.