Consolidate your students’ knowledge of dictionary skills with this complete worksheet pack!
Dictionary Skills Worksheet Pack
If you’re looking for the ultimate resource for consolidating your students’ knowledge of dictionary skills – then this is the resource for you. This pack of resources covers the fundamentals of dictionary knowledge with a worksheet for each of the following dictionary skills:
- Understanding the parts of a dictionary entry, including; guide words, entry words, pronunciation, parts of speech, definition, and sample sentence.
- Matching the vocabulary used in dictionaries to their definitions.
- Understanding alphabetical order and entry words between guide words.
- Matching words to the correct dictionary page using provided guide words.
- Understand parts of speech and how they are included in the dictionary.
- How the dictionary shows the pronunciation of words.
- Matching sample sentences to their entry word.
- And more!
An answer key is included with your download to make grading fast and easy!
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Because this resource includes an answer sheet, we recommend you print one copy of the entire file. Then, make photocopies of the blank worksheet for students to complete.
To save paper, we suggest printing this 2-page worksheet double-sided.
Turn this teaching resource into a sustainable activity by printing on cardboard and slipping it into a write-and-wipe sleeve. Students can record their answers with a whiteboard marker, then erase and reuse.
Additionally, project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
Get more handy worksheets here!
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and a Teach Starter collaborator.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.