A maths warm-up booklet with ten pages of addition and subtraction questions.
Addition and Subtraction Warm-up Maths Drills
Use this booklet as part of your daily maths warm-up routine (3 days per week for 10 weeks!). Follow the suggested implementation below:
- Display a stopwatch on a screen for all students to see.
- Choose the round of Minute Maths that they will be doing, e.g. round 2 on page 3.
- Start the time.
- Once students complete the 20 questions of the round, they write their time below the round.
- When all students have finished, read out the answers for the round, students note down their number of errors.
Encourage students to improve on their previous time and reduce the number of errors made.
Mental Maths Booklet
The addition and subtraction concepts within the booklet include:
- single digit addition
- single digit subtraction
- near doubles
- subtracting from 100
- double digit addition and subtraction.
Print the question pages of the document (pp. 1–11) using Adobe Reader’s ‘Booklet’ function to create an A5 sized booklet that only uses 3 pieces of paper! 🤯
Answers are included in the resource.
Looking for more? Check out the Multiplication and Division Minute Maths Booklet below!
Multiplication and Division Minute Maths Booklet
A maths mentals booklet with ten pages of multiplication and division questions.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.
Thank you for a very useful resource.
You're most welcome, Zuriette! Thank you so much for your kind feedback.