A comprehensive pack of resources to use with the middle years when studying the elements of Visual Art.
The resources provided explore the elements of line, colour, shape, form, and texture.
Teaching presentations for each element anchor the learning and provide opportunities for students to respond to artworks as they explore meaning and interpretation. The linked activities allow students to experiment with related techniques and each teaching presentation culminates with an art-making task.
Modify the suggested activities or use them as springboards for your own ideas.
All activities have been designed around materials that classroom teachers generally have readily available.
- Visual Arts Elements Line PowerPoint - Middle Years
- Line and Feelings Sorting Activity - Year 3 to Year 6
- Patterning Guide Template - Year 3 and Year 4
- Pattern to Picture Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Colour PowerPoint - Middle Years
- What's in a Colour? Sorting Activity
- Marvellous Monochrome Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Shape and Form PowerPoint - Middle Years
- Organic Shape Search Worksheet
- Organically Abstract Mobile Activity
- My Crazy Clay Critter Activity
- Visual Arts Elements Texture PowerPoint - Middle Years
- Talkin' Texture Game
- Textured Mandala Template
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.
this is great thank you
Thank you for your lovely comment, Diana!
Is there a unit overview for the middle/upper years for this resource pack? I found the K-2 one but there doesn't seem to be a 3-4, 5-6 one?
Hi Stephanie...awesome thank you so much! This program looks great, I'm excited to start it with my Year 4s :)
Hi there Hannah... I am actually working on this right now! The middle years unit should be published within the next day or so, then the upper years unit will follow. Keep your eyes on the website! Have a wonderful day.